16/04/2007

2 posts, one day = unproductive day at work

yeah back again, my brain is paralysed and can no longer process information related to folio hotels (although since they still pay me i better deparalyse/unparalyse (?whatever?) before i get my ass kicked).

cool quote from jas yesterday, "my favourite songs are the 'no no no song' (ie rehab by amy winehouse) and baa baa black sheep". meanwhile naomi has developed a strange fascination with my chemical romance. she was playing in the garden on friday and I found her peering thru the living room window staring at the tv which was showing the vid for black parade. it came on another channel the next day and she back in front of the tv again. i have been playing her loads of poppy songs since them to draw a sort of balance. i'd like my kids to be cool but 4 1/2 is a little young to be emo!!

the girls are back at their childminder after the easter break. we had to get out of the house on a deadline once again. au usual there was the odd setback, i.e. the improptu art session which n set up before breakfast; jas bumping her finger, the nightmare of 'what to make for lunch' and a fight over the thomas scooter but we all coped admirably and got to shelley's on time. unfortunately much gassing then took place so i didn't make it work on time but hey ho. they're truly happy with s which helps allieviate the working mother guilt thing but does nothing for the resentment i often feel at having to leave them while i work 4 days a week. off tomorrow though - yay.

during the mini art attack n made a collage of a bridge next to the hotel where i work. she told me that i must give this to merriol to put on her fridge. when merriol misses me (?) she simply looks at this picture and is reminded of me!! fabulous naomi, you are crazy but cool xxxxxxxxxxxxxx girls are truly the coolest - aren't we? x

1 comment:

Glittermummy said...

We so are... and I love my picture, Naomi, and hopefully it will remind me of your mum when I'm back at work on Thursday and make me a little happier being there!